A few things to consider when choosing the perfect wedding venue
If you’re still deciding on the perfect location for your wedding, we’ve got 8 reasons why you should consider getting married at the beach or along the Grand Strand.
1. The ocean provides a naturally beautiful soundtrack to your ceremony: When getting married on the beach, you’re almost guaranteed to hear the sound of waves crashing gently into one another. Instead of worrying about finding the perfect music to play as you walk down the aisle, guests can be entertained by the soothing sounds of the beach. Just be sure to include a sound system so your vows aren’t overpowered by the sound of waves!
2. Golden hour: The opportunity for gorgeous photos is limitless with a beach wedding. Plus, you can take advantage of Golden Hour (the hour in which the sun begins to set) for incredible photos.
3. Affordable venue options: Depending on what your budget looks like, and how much you’ve set aside for the venue cost, a beach wedding might help you save some money in the long run. Instead of focusing on an expensive venue for the ceremony, getting married on the beach is usually free or low cost, depending on your circumstances. That leaves plenty of room in the budget to reserve one of our gorgeous venues for the reception—check out the list in our Wedding Directory on page 217 for more fun ideas. You can visit visitmyrtlebeach.com for more information about the rules for getting married on the beach in our area.
4. Hospitality is our middle name: The Grand Strand area is no stranger to providing top-notch hospitality services. As a year-round tourist industry, there are plenty of professionals that are happy and willing to help you with planning, decorating, catering and more! There are plenty of businesses on the Grand Strand that would love to be a part of your special day—and you can’t forget about that charismatic Southern charm that's present all along the Grand Strand.
5. Beach weddings can do double duty: If you’re looking for a place to hold your reception and go on your honeymoon, having a beach wedding is a great option. Not only can it serve as a destination wedding for you, the Grand Strand has plenty to do and see all year round. From luxurious hotels to delicious restaurants and gorgeous state parks, there’s no shortage of fun things to explore if you choose to honeymoon anywhere along the Grand Strand.
6. The comfort factor: Beach weddings allow both bride and groom and wedding guests to ditch the uncomfortable heels and suits, and instead opt for more comfortable attire (barefoot wedding, anyone?) For beach weddings, lighter fabrics and effortless-looking updos are more popular, and on warm summer days, even necessary. If you’re an easygoing couple, a beach wedding might just be the perfect, relaxed venue for you.
7. Less weather worries: Of course, this depends on when and where exactly you get married on the Grand Strand, but in general, our temperatures stay relatively warm all year round. Warm, sunny weather abounds in both our spring, summer and fall seasons, with winter weddings only requiring jackets and warmer attire when the temperature dips down.
8. Entertain your guests easily: Guests will have the chance to explore all the Grand Strand has to offer, so you won't have to worry about keeping them entertained around wedding time. This is especially important if you're making the Grand Strand your destination wedding. Guests will have the opportunity to play on the beach, shop around and dine-in at some of the best restaurants on the East Coast.