You are here
Grand Strand Magazine is looking for an Assistant Editor for our bi-monthly lifestyle publication based in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. Successful candidate will have excellent writing skills, extreme attention to detail and strong project management and organizational skills. Must have the ability to work under pressure with a strong record of meeting deadlines.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications or related field, plus at least two years of editorial experience in a similar position or industry preferred
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; excellent copy editor with knowledge of AP Style or Chicago Manual of Style
• Outgoing, professional, highly motivated and goal oriented
• Ability to work independently and remain composed under pressure in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of attention to detail on multiple projects
• An eagerness to be professionally involved in the Grand Strand community
• Valid driver’s license and vehicle for local and regional travel
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional nights and weekends for events
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe inDesign. Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and content management systems (CMS) a plus.
• Experience posting to social media platforms
If interested, please email resume, cover letter and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.